SUMMER YOUTH CREW SUPERVISORS, MULTIPLE POSITIONS
|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-18-090|
|Title||SUMMER YOUTH CREW SUPERVISORS, MULTIPLE POSITIONS|
|Supervisor||CAREER DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST|
|Department||477/TANF , EMPLOYMENT AND TRAINING|
|Location||WELLPINIT, AND SPOKANE 477/TANF|
|Rate of Pay||$17.00 PER HOUR|
|Opening Date||MAY 10, 2018|
|Closing Date||OPEN UNTIL FILLED|
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
Under general supervision, will train and supervise a crew of Tribal youth. Educate summer youth crew in good work ethics, valuable work experiences, and practices. Maintains adequate supplies and materials inventory, keeps a daily log identifying completed projects. Keeps accurate time and attendance records of all workers. This position requires excellent attendance and willingness and commitment to serve as a role model to the youth. Transports crew and self to and from work locations via assigned vehicles. The Youth Program Manager and Lead Assistants will reasonably assign other duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises and responsible for up to 12-15 youth daily and works along with crews during activities/projects assigned;
- Track workers hours to ensure accurate and complete youth workers timesheets bi-weekly according to STOI payroll;
- Monitor and track mileage used on vehicles and submit logs weekly into 477 Dept;
- Transports self and Youth crew to and from work locations via assigned vehicles; operates and maintains assigned vehicle (12 passenger van);
- Trains crew in maintaining, cleaning and utilizing equipment;
- Trains crew in proper safety procedures and guidelines for assigned tasks;
- Responsible for any damages that may occur to leased or rented vehicles;
- Required to report, document and follow supervisor’s recommendations, when damages and/or incidents occur on the job within 24 hrs.
- Assist in maintaining adequate supplies and materials inventory;
- Keeps a daily log identifying completed projects;
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or Equivalent;
- Valid State Driver’s license, good driving record, Tribally Insurable
- Must be 25 years or older for insurance purposes, proof required
- 2-4 years’ experience monitoring/supervising youth or supervising others.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, work in inclement weather, lift up to 50 lbs. and meet the physical requirements outlined in the job description.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- At least two (2) years of related maintenance, carpentry or repair experience preferred.
- Prefer applicants to maintain a substance abuse free lifestyle while employed and working with youth.
- First Aid and CPR Certification Required (training will be provided to applicants selected).
- Driver’s Safety Course Required (will be provided to applicants selected).
- Applicants with Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) will be given preference.
Applications are available at the Tribal Human Resources Department
Contact Sabrina McCoy or Andrea Flett
P.O. Box 206, Wellpinit, WA 99040
Ph: (509) 458-6583, or (509) 458-6527, Fax: (509) 458-6556
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received in the Human Resource Department no later than
4:30 p.m. on the closing date.
The Spokane Tribe reserves the right to hire according to its
Indian Preference Policy.
All applicants are subject to a criminal background check.
All applicants are subject to a pre-employment drug test.
All positions with the tribe are subject to a 90-day orientation period