|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-18-070|
|Department||RANGE IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM|
|Location||SPOKANE INDIAN RESERVATION|
|Rate of Pay||$12.50 - $14.50/PER HOUR|
|Opening Date||APRIL 2, 2018|
|Closing Date||APRIL 16, 2018|
The Range Technician will assist the Range program to accomplish various tasks including; assisting livestock owners with branding their livestock; issuing range permits and assuring owner compliance; fencing; tilling and planting pasture blends on tribal lands; and controlling noxious weeds by use of herbicides, mechanical, and biological methods. This position requires daily outdoor work in all weather conditions and physical work in rugged terrain.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Repair, build and maintain fences as prioritized within the department
- Enhance spring developments.
- Till and plant pasture lands throughout the reservation.
- Check livestock, location, numbers, field conditions and trespass situations.
- Round-up, load and contain abandoned or trespassing livestock when necessary.
- Provide for the identification and safe control of noxious weeds using herbicides, mechanical, and biological methods.
- Perform grass seeding on timber sale units.
- Perform various surveys in regards to noxious weeds, soil, range, and wild horses.
- Other related duties as assigned
- Valid Washington State drivers license, have good driving record and be tribally insurable
- Able to do heavy physical labor, and work in all weather conditions, and in rough, rugged terrain.
- Experienced riding horses, preparing horses for riding, and transporting horses and livestock.
- Experienced in fence building; barbed wire, wooden, and buck and rail.
- Consideration given to those with Pesticide Applicator’s License, will be required to obtain within 1 year of hire date.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. frequently throughout the day.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Applications Are Available In the Tribal Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 206 Wellpinit, WA 99040
Or at www.spokanetribe.com
Contact: Sabrina McCoy, Ph.# (509) 458 –6583, Fax: (509) 458-6556
Applications Must Be Received In the Human Resources Department
No Later Than 4:30 p.m. On The Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Reserves The Right To Hire According
To Its Indian Preference Policy
Applicants Are Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
Positions With The Spokane Tribe Are Subject To A 90-Day Orientation Period