|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-18-058|
|Supervisor||HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR|
|Rate of Pay||$12.00 - $15.32/HOUR, DOE, DOQ|
|Opening Date||MARCH 2, 2018|
|Closing Date||MARCH 16, 2018|
The objective of the HR Administrative Assistant is to perform a variety of administrative tasks and customer service support. Administrative duties such as, data entry, filing, documentation and information processing. Assists with coordinating Benefit enrollments, employee orientations, job interviews and general staff support. This position requires excellent organizational skills and the ability to successfully manage performance toward timely deadlines and adherence toward strict confidentially. This position functions under the direct supervision of the Human Resources Director, and assists the HR Department to collaborate, plan, develop, implement, communicate, and administer special projects, HR policies and procedures, trainings and events, and all other related duties as needed to meet operational needs.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with timely processing of invoices, travel arrangements and necessary reporting requirements.
- Responsible for the protection, storing and maintenance of employee information in designated work areas.
- Maintain and continually update HR information systems.
- Develop ongoing knowledge development of HR policies and procedures.
- Assist with and coordinate HR projects, meetings and training seminars.
- Assist with and collaborate with various recruitment vendors research and post job ads on career pages, various job boards and tribal affiliations.
- Assist with screening, interviewing, and testing applicants if required.
- Develop and gain knowledge of the Spokane Tribe’s Benefits program.
- Assist with unemployment claims by reviewing, verifying, documenting, faxing, reporting.
- Assist and coordinate new employee onboarding and all necessary communication/information processing.
- Documents human resource actions by completing forms, produce reports, logs, and records.
- Engage in educational opportunities; training programs, professional development.
- Must be highly organized.
- Collaborate, coordinate and maintain an updated interview schedule/calendar and location.
- Prepare and mail time sensitive internal/external correspondence in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the HR Director to assess customer service quality and customer satisfaction.
- Develop successful working relationships among all departmental visitors and coworkers.
- Promotes a clean, safe and healthy work environment for employees and guests.
- Responsible for organizing and archiving files.
- Responsible for answering telephones in a friendly, courteous manner.
- Responsible for placing orders for supplies.
- Assist with all HR functions such as attending meetings, interviews, scheduling appointments, setting up employee functions, training and development, public greetings.
- Must adhere to strict confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position requires the utmost confidentiality in all work, cases and files pertaining to projects and activities of this position. This position will be privileged to sensitive information in the Human Resources Department. A signed confidentiality agreement is required from employee upon hire. Any breach in confidentiality may result in immediate suspension or termination of employment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
- Must have a positive learning attitude to gain knowledge of business, customer service philosophy, and Spokane Tribal Policies and Procedures and organizational practices.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and have the ability to effectively communicate with employees, supervisors, managers, and visitors.
- Must have knowledge for operating computers and general office equipment and software;
- Requires analytical, planning and ability to learn effective communication and presentation skills;
- Must be people oriented and able to function in a team-based environment.
- Must be able to handle stressful situations at times.
- Must have good common sense and social skills.
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Demonstrated ability toward knowledge of Microsoft programs (will be required to do a project in excel and word).
- Must have a positive learning attitude and good communication skills.
- Must have a valid Washington State Drivers license and a good driving record.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year general office administration skills experience and be able to work in a highly sensitive, high traffic work environment.
- Must submit a complete STOI job application, cover letter, and targeted resume in order to be considered.
Applications Are Available In The Tribal Human Resources Department
Or, can be downloaded online at:
P.O. Box 206 Wellpinit, WA 99040
Contact: Sabrina McCoy
Ph. # (509) 458-6583
Applications Must Be Received In the Human Resources Department
No Later 4:30 p.m. on the Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
The Spokane Tribe Reserves The Right To Hire According To Its Indian Preference Policy
Applicants Are Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
Positions With The Spokane Tribe Are Subject To A 90-Day Orientation Period