CHEMICAL DEPENDENCY COUNSELOR (2 POSITIONS)
|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-18-043|
|Title||CHEMICAL DEPENDENCY COUNSELOR (2 POSITIONS)|
|Supervisor||BEHAVIORAL HEALTH MANAGER|
|Department||HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES|
|Rate of Pay||$16.00 - $20.00/HOUR, DOE, DOQ|
|Opening Date||JANUARY 26, 2018|
|Closing Date||MARCH 8, 2018|
The Spokane Tribe operates a Washington State Licensed Behavioral Health Agency which includes treatment services for Mental Health and Substance Use Disorders. The Agency currently provides services independently for mental health and substance abuse. The goal of our program, and our agency, is to adapt a co-occurring model that allows a single counselor to assess, plan, develop, coordinate, and provide treatment, rehabilitation, and support services to program clients with severe and persistent mental health disorders, substance use disorders, and gambling disorders.
Manages the Substance Abuse activities, including producing required reports and documents. Duties include completing assessments, facilitate placement, providing services for families, developing rehabilitation treatment plans, counseling services, support services, aftercare treatment plans and utilizing community support.
Under the direct supervision of the CD Clinical Supervisor, will coordinate and maintain a Substance Abuse Program to include outpatient treatment, and aftercare supportive services for clientele.
- Assist with the development of a support network among service providers for clientele needing chemical dependency services.
- Perform in keeping with the Federal Regulations of Confidentiality, the Counselor Code of Ethics.
- Responsible for completing assessments, treatment plans, individual and group counseling, discharge planning, and case management.
- Ensures Spokane Tribe of Indians Substance Abuse Policies and Procedures, Spokane Tribe of Indians Policy and Procedures; and the Department of Health & Human Services Policies and Procedures are adhered to.
- Ensures all reporting requirements applicable to the position are followed.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Knowledge of current trends in treatment, prevention, and aftercare regarding substance use disorders.
- Knowledge of current theories used to treat substance use disorders including, CBT, MI, Solution Focused, and REBT.
- Knowledge of the principles in interpersonal communication and group dynamics which affect communication.
- Knowledge of cultural competence and how it applies to rural communities and Native Americans.
- Ability to compose letters, reports, gather and analyze data and to speak effectively in public.
- Ability to evaluate, assess, and develops a treatment plan for chemical dependency clientele.
- Knowledge of DSM 5 and Substance Use Disorders (SUD).
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS education, prevention/intervention.
- Knowledge of Ethics and the Law in regards to Counselors and related field.
- Knowledge of Dual Diagnosis, referral and treatment.
- Ability to evaluate, assess, and develop a treatment plan for clientele who present a variety of legal, personal, and other issues related to substance use disorders.
- Must be knowledgeable of continuum of care/rehabilitation and aftercare.
- Knowledge of the Federal Confidentiality Laws and the application thereof.
- Coordination of Chemical Dependency services, to include referrals, staffing, court reporting and related duties.
- Must have an active and unrestricted Washington State Chemical Dependency Professional Certification, or Chemical Dependency Professional Trainee Certification.
- An Associate Degree with experience in Social Services, Addictions Studies and/or Social Work will be considered.
- If a CDPT at least one year of experience in a Washington state certified treatment agency.
- Must have knowledge of DBHR Programs for referral.
- Must maintain a substance abuse free lifestyle.
- Must maintain a violence free lifestyle.
- Must possess a valid Washington State Driver’s License, good driving record and be able to hold Tribal Insurance.
- Must maintain License/Certification status while employed.
Applications Are Available At the Tribal Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 206, Wellpinit, WA 99040
Or available on our website: www.spokanetribe.com
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Geraldine Abrahamson
(509) 458-6583 or (509) 458-6527 Fax: (509) 458-6556
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Applications Must Be Received In The Human Resources Department
By 4:30 p.m. On The Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Reserves The Right To Hire According To Its Indian Preference Policy
All Applicants may be Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
All Positions With The Tribe Are Subject To A 90-Day Orientation Period