TRIBAL GAMING AGENT
|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-18-037|
|Title||TRIBAL GAMING AGENT|
|Department||SPOKANE TRIBAL GAMING ENFORCEMENT DIVISION|
|Location||SPOKANE TRIBE CASINO, AIRWAY HEIGHTS, WA|
|Rate of Pay||DOE/DOQ|
|Opening Date||JANUARY 19, 2018|
|Closing Date||JANUARY 19, 2018|
Observes all procedures, standards, systems and policies that apply to gaming with all Spokane Tribal Gaming Facilities and insures they meet the minimum compliance with all regulations adopted by the Spokane Tribe of Indians, Spokane Tribal Gaming Commission and any Tribal/State compact and or federal laws that pertain to gaming that are applicable.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write comprehensive, daily reports utilizing computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel or similar software.
- Responsible for receiving patron complaints within the gaming facilities and direct patrons to the appropriate official that can resolve such complaints.
- Examine, test and inspect gaming equipment on a random basis as determined by the supervisor.
- Monitor the storage, issuance and destruction of gaming equipment and sensitive supplies. Perform special inspections as circumstances warrant.
- Must have ability to recognize when a conflict (perceived or actual) exists where the Gaming Agent may have to refer the incident to another agent because of a conflict.
- Monitors and enforces the following documents for compliance: Tribal/State Compact and Tribal Minimum Internal Control Standards, National Indian Gaming Commission, Spokane Tribal Gaming Code, Spokane Tribal Gaming Commission Regulations.
- Observe the conduct of games to ensure honesty and fairness to the patron as well as the Tribe.
- Assist in loss prevention in reference to tribal assets.
- Document and report all incidents to supervisor, management (as authorized) and have the ability to follow-up any investigation.
- May assist other departments of the gaming enforcement division.
- Willingness to and ability to work with other departments, surveillance, management, investigations, and other agencies as required to fulfill the functions as a gaming agent. This will also require close working relationship with these departments and/or agencies to ensure that any investigation being conducted is not compromised.
- Ability to preserve the confidentiality of all information and material either generated or obtained while conducting inspections and performing all other job responsibilities. Must up-hold the strictest confidentiality.
- Ability to learn, understand and apply the regulations as set forth by the Spokane Tribal Gaming Commission.
- Ability to process information under pressure, including interviewing individuals, testify during hearings and/or court proceedings related to gaming infractions or criminal investigations conducted by agents.
- Maintain positive peer relationships and provide assistance in a professional manner.
- Willingness to travel to attend training as directed by supervisor or Gaming Enforcement Division Director.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years experience in Casino Gaming and/or Regulation of Gaming and/or Law enforcement, preferred.
- Must be able to work independently, be detail oriented (written and verbal), and have a consistent attendance record, and exercise discretionary judgment.
- Must be willing to work with others while conducting investigations.
- Must be able to resolve and/or refer problems by proper investigative techniques, including, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid irrefutable conclusions.
- Must have the ability to write reports and give effective presentations and responses to questions from managers, patrons, employees, and the general public.
- Must be able to work irregular shifts, including rotating shift schedules at times including weekends, (day shift, night shift, graveyard, peak operation hours). Will also be required to work holidays or days of special events, i.e., promotional events in gaming facilities when increased patron activity is increased.
- Must have ability to travel to all Spokane Tribal Gaming facilities in order to fulfill staffing requirements as needed and as directed by supervisors.
- Must be willing and able to perform job duties in a smoke-filled environment.
- Must have a valid Washington State Drivers License and shall be required to submit driving abstract prior to employment and on a quarterly basis as determined by Commission, Enforcement Division Director or Supervisor at his/her expense.
- Must be able to pass a background investigation and maintain eligibility requirements throughout employment with the Spokane Tribal Gaming Commission.
- Knowledge of all applicable gaming regulations, both current and in the future.
- Must maintain knowledge of all possible cheats and scams within the gaming industry.
Applications are available at the Tribal Human Resource Department
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Geraldine Abrahamson
P.O. Box 206 Wellpinit, WA 99040
Phone: (509) 458-6583 or (509) 458-6527, Fax: 509-458-6556
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received in the Human Resource Department no later than 4:30 p.m. on the closing date
The Spokane Tribe reserves the right to hire according to its Indian Preference Policy
All Applicants may be subject to a Pre-Employment Drug Test
All Positions with the Spokane tribe of Indians are subject to a
90-day orientation period