CARE COORDINATOR (IN-HOUSE)
|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-18-035|
|Title||CARE COORDINATOR (IN-HOUSE)|
|Supervisor||ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, HHS|
|Department||SOCIAL SERVICES, HHS|
|Rate of Pay||$18.00 - $18.38 PER HOUR|
|Opening Date||JANUARY 9, 2018|
|Closing Date||JANUARY 16, 2018|
IN HOUSE POSTING, OPEN TO HHS EMPLOYEES
The Care Coordinator will work in conjunction with Health and Human Services Health Coaches and the Assistant Director of Health and Human Services. The Care Coordinator will assist in the development of programs that will assist aging adults on the Spokane Indian Reservation, this includes budgets and 3rd party billing. The overall goal of the Care Coordinator is to assist and train the health coaches, to assist the aging population with resources and to identify and promote health and safety to aging adults on the Spokane Indian Reservation. The Care Coordinator must be able to engage with the aging community in a meaningful and respectful manner. The Coordinator will work closely with providers and other resources deemed necessary for the aging community.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES:
- The Care Coordinator will supervise and assist in the training of all new health coaches.
- The Care Coordinator will assist in the development of new programs; to include 3rd party billing system and budgets.
- Communicate with Spokane Tribal Elders with face to face visits. Conduct mini-questionnaires to elders that want to engage in services.
- Develop goals and strategies with elders to utilize community and Cultural resources available to promote health and safety.
- Engage with elders and community effectively and professionally adhering to Confidentiality and Privacy at all times.
- Identify any health impairments to assist target age with services.
- Maintain ongoing, effective relationships with community health care providers.
- Transport clients to and from health care appointments if needed.
- Assist with elders’ exercise and mobility health needs.
- Assist elders with medication management in congruent with their primary Health Care Physician.
- Must be able to work independently.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Nursing Assistant Certification, or agree to obtain certification within 6 months of employment.
- Must have 18 months experience with Patient Activation Measurements.
- Must have knowledge of aging process of aging adults in rural communities.
- Must have basic training for Adult Protection Services from DSHS.
- Must have S.A.I.L Instructor Certification (Stay Active Independent for Life).
- Must have Community Health Certification from Department of Health.
- No founded abuse and or neglect allegation in scope of any age.
- Valid CPR/First Aid (obtain within 30 days of employment).
- Must be willing to travel and attend trainings as program and grant dictates.
- Basic Computer Skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Must be able to safely drive in all weather conditions.
- Successful clearance of a criminal background check
- Must have and maintain a valid Washington State Driver’s license, with a good driving record and be Tribally Insurable.
- Understand and adhere to HIPPA compliance.
Applications Are Available In the Tribal Human Resources Department
Contact: Sabrina McCoy, or Geraldine Abrahamson
(509) 458-6583 or (509) 458-6527
P.O. Box 206, Wellpinit, WA 99040
FAX: (509) 458-6556
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Must Be Received In The Human Resources Department No Later Than
4:30 p.m. on The Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Reserves The Right To Hire According To Its Indian
Applicants Are Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
Positions With The Spokane Tribe Are Subject To A 90-Day Orientation Period