|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-17-098|
|Rate of Pay||$11.00/HOUR|
|Opening Date||AUGUST 2, 2017|
|Closing Date||NOVEMBER 22, 2017 **EXTENDED**|
The Housekeeper will be responsible for attending to the cleaning and stocking needs of all assigned areas of the tribe, including the Administration building and all other Tribal facilities. The housekeeper will also be responsible for the locking and securing of any and all facilities if they are the last to leave the premises.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Dusts sweeps, mops, scrubs, vacuum, and clean assigned areas.
- Scrubs, waxes and strips floors, as assigned.
- Sweeps stairwells and other areas, and attends to other special projects, as requested.
- Spot cleans rugs, carpets and upholstered furniture and draperies as needed.
- Empties wastebaskets; empties and cleans ashtrays.
- Transports trash and dirty linens to designated areas.
- Assists in the minor maintenance in public areas, and reports problems that need further attention to the housekeeping supervisor on duty.
- Re-stocks paper supplies, chemical supplies in bottles, and maintains washroom supplies. Stocks and maintains housekeeping storage rooms.
- Routinely inspects work areas, identifying potential problems or repair needs, and notifying the maintenance supervisor of maintenance to be scheduled.
- Facilitates the flow of information throughout the department, by attending regularly scheduled meetings with employees.
- Required to drive to numerous locations within the tribe, and is responsible for the cleanliness of the Tribal Work Vans.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of all out buildings.
- Clean areas and buildings during events such as funerals and wakes.
- Must adhere to strict confidentiality.
- Adheres to performance standards, company policies and procedures, as they relate to the department.
- Secures all doors and buildings, protects and maintains Tribal properties.
- Candidate must be 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid Washington State Driver’s license, have a good driving record and be Tribally insurable.
- Must be able to pass a Tribal, State and Federal background check.
- Must submit a driver’s abstract annually to the Human Resources Department.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, procedure manuals, and instructions and safety warnings of chemical cleaners and products.
- Must have ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must be able to regularly lift, push, pull and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to get in and out of work vans or other Tribal vehicles regularly.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. Employee will frequently work with chemicals and cleaning ingredients.
Applications Are Available At the Tribal Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 206, Wellpinit, WA 99040
OR, can be downloaded from our website: www.spokanetribe.com
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Geraldine Abrahamson
(509) 458-6583 or (509) 458-6527
Fax: (509) 458-6556
e-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Must Be Received In The Human Resources Department
By 4:30 pm The Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Reserves The Right To Hire According
To Its Indian Preference Policy
All Applicants May Be Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
All Positions With The Tribe Are Subject To A 90-Day Orientation Period