FORESTRY TECHNICIAN I (PRESALES)
|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-18-009|
|Title||FORESTRY TECHNICIAN I (PRESALES)|
|Rate of Pay||$11.10 - $12.32/HOUR|
|Opening Date||OCTOBER 27, 2017|
|Closing Date||JANUARY 2, 2017 **EXTENDED**|
The incumbent is involved with all presale activities, prescribed burning, and forest data collection activities on the Spokane Indian Reservation, under the supervision of the Supervisory Forester (Silviculturist) at the Spokane Agency, Wellpinit, WA. Incumbent functions as a presale technician trainee, always performing duties together with more experienced coworkers and under the supervision of the crew leader.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assists in presale activities, working with crews performing field work.
a. Locates ownership lines for timber cutting boundaries.
b. Marks timber according to silvicultural prescriptions as provided by the silviculturist.
c. Assists in cruising allotted and tribal timber to obtain volume and quality estimates of timber to be sold by permit or contract.
d. Assists in cruising timber for realty action requests.
2. Assists in collecting data for a variety of forestry-related projects, including stand exams, insect and disease surveys, stocking surveys, plantation survival studies, and land classifications.
3. Assists with prescribed fire activities, working on ignition and holding crews or support staff.
4. Performs fire suppression and pre-suppression duties as assigned.
5. As an incidental duty, maintains a valid government driver's license and operates government-owned or leased vehicles.
6. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Current Washington State Driver’s License and tribally insurable.
- High School diploma or equivalent; with high school level math, reading, and writing skills
- Familiarity with local tree species and forestry practices
- Able to lift and carry 45 lbs.
- Able to walk all day in steep, rugged terrain
- Able to work and drive in inclement weather
- Able to operate computer keyboard and mouse; able to operate Windows based computer software.
Applications are available in the Tribal Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 206, Wellpinit, WA 99040
Or can be downloaded from our website at www.spokanetribe.com
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Geraldine Abrahamson
(509) 458-6583 or (509) 458-6527
Fax # (509) 458-6556
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
All applications must be submitted to the Human Resources Department no later than 4:30 p.m. on the closing date
The Spokane Tribe reserves the right to hire according to its Indian Preference Policy
All applicants are subject to a pre-employment drug test
Positions with the Spokane Tribe are subject to a 90-Day Orientation Period