|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-17-106|
|Supervisor||CHIEF OF POLICE|
|Department||SPOKANE TRIBAL POLICE DEPARTMENT|
|Rate of Pay||$11.00 PER HOUR|
|Opening Date||AUGUST 2, 2017|
|Closing Date||AUGUST 11, 2017|
The Special Deputy is responsible for assisting law enforcement for security and preservation of the peace for the Spokane Tribe of Indians Annual Indian Days Pow-Wow Celebration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
This list is intended only to illustrate the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment to the position.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Testify at criminal and civil hearings as a witness in relations to the duties of this position.
- Provide aid to Spokane Tribal Police Officers in building probable cause for civil and criminal cases that relate to violations of law during the annual Powwow Celebration.
- Arrest, detain, and or assist with transport to appropriate detention facility all persons charged with violations of Tribal Law or other laws.
- Writes reports and statements that may be used in criminal and civil court cases for the Spokane Tribe of Indians or federal jurisdiction.
- The Special Deputies will be required to attend a meetings and trainings as deemed necessary for this position.
- Arrests/detains persons involved in illegal acts, protects citizens, and Tribal facilities and assets.
- Collects intelligence information regarding the activity of individuals and other activity relating to criminal activity.
- Will be standing or walking for long periods of time, up to 12-hours, outdoors in various heat, cold, rain and windy conditions in low light and daylight times.
- May be assigned to static positions, walking patrols, or operating small motorized vehicles.
- Must be courteous and respectful in Native American culture, tradition and values of various Tribes.
- Must be able to provide a sense of safety, security and assist as needed with special circumstances of visitors, guest and citizens of the Spokane Tribe.
- Must be at least 18-years of age by the date of job announcement closing;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, police officers, administrative staff, and supervisors;
- Ability to work under deadlines and stressful situations;
- Must pass a Pre-employment drug test and subject to random testing throughout employment;
- Must be able to pass a background check with no felony convictions and;
- No misdemeanor convictions of drugs or acts of violence within the past 24 months;
- Ability to work irregular hours 8am-8pm dayshift or 8pm-8am nightshift;
- Ability to follow and carry out these and other job-related duties that may be determined by supervisor or higher authority.
Selections will be based upon:
Previous related work experience, Spokane Tribal Preference, must pass Background check and Drug Test. A copy of Spokane Tribal I.D must be attached with application.
Applications are available at the Spokane Tribal Human Resources Department (located downstairs in the Alfred E. McCoy Administration Building)
Applications are available at the Tribal Human Resource Department
P.O. Box 206 Wellpinit, WA 99040
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Geraldine Abrahamson
(509)-458-6583, (509) 458-6569 or (509) 458-6574
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Applications must be received in the Human Resource Department no later than 4:30 p.m. on the closing date
The Spokane Tribe reserves the right to hire according to its Indian Preference Policy
All Applicants are subject to a Pre-Employment Drug Test