GARBAGE AND SANITATION WORKERS (4 POSITIONS)
|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-17-101|
|Title||GARBAGE AND SANITATION WORKERS (4 POSITIONS)|
|Rate of Pay||$11.00-$12.00 PER HOUR ($12.00 IF SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETES ENTIRE WEEKEND)|
|Opening Date||JULY 28, 2017|
|Closing Date||AUGUST 11, 2017|
INTRODUCTION: 4-twelve hour shifts to ensure 24-hour garbage and bathroom services and supervision of sanitation workers. Tuesday 9/5/17 will be clean-up day with a 6-hour shift to ensure the Powwow grounds are left free of garbage and trash.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES:
- Services for length of 2017 Spokane Tribal Powwow.
- Continuous pick up and removal of all garbage and trash, including recycle materials, which will be maintained and sorted.
- Workers will transfer the garbage to the Tribal dump/garbage truck and the recycled materials to a designated area.
- Shall clean and remove debris from the interior and exterior main powwow event building, including smoking station buckets.
- Workers are to keep the restrooms, shower floors, toilets, and sinks clean and facilities free of trash and garbage.
- Areas will need to be continuously monitored for adequate supplies and cleanliness.
- Workers will work a 6-hour shift on Tuesday 9/5/17 to ensure all trash and garbage is removed from the powwow grounds.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to work as a team and on an individual basis.
- Ability to communicate in a friendly manner with members of the public.
- Must be reliable.
- Must be physically able to perform the job duties, including standing and walking for long periods of time, and able to work in all weather conditions.
Selections will be based upon:
Previous related work experience, Spokane Tribal Preference, must pass Background check and Drug Test. A copy of Spokane Tribal I.D must be attached with application.
Applications are available at the Spokane Tribal Human Resources Department (located downstairs in the Alfred E. McCoy Administration Building)
P.O. Box 206 Wellpinit, WA 99040
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Geraldine Abrahamson
(509)-458-6583, (509) 458-6569 or (509) 458-6574
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received in the Human Resource Department no later than 4:30 p.m. on the closing date
The Spokane Tribe reserves the right to hire according to its Indian Preference Policy
All Applicants are subject to a Pre-Employment Drug Test