GARBAGE AND SANITATION SUPERVISOR
|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-17-100|
|Title||GARBAGE AND SANITATION SUPERVISOR|
|Rate of Pay||$12.00-$13.50 PER HOUR|
|Opening Date||JULY 28, 2017|
|Closing Date||AUGUST 22, 2017 **EXTENDED**|
INTRODUCTION: 4-twelve hour shifts to ensure 24-hour garbage and bathroom services and supervision of sanitation workers. Tuesday 9/5/17 will be clean-up day with a 6-hour shift to ensure the Powwow grounds are left free of garbage and trash.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES:
- Services for length of 2017 Spokane Tribal Powwow.
- Supervise and work with sanitation workers to continuously pick up and removal of all garbage, including recycled materials, which will be maintained and sorted.
- Supervise and assist workers transferring the garbage to the Tribal dump/garbage truck and the recycled materials to a designated area.
- Ensure the interior and exterior main powwow event building, including smoking station buckets, are kept clean.
- Supervise and assist workers keeping the restrooms, shower floors, toilets, and sinks clean and facilities free of trash.
- Areas will need to be continuously monitored for adequate supplies and cleanliness.
- Supervisor will work a 6-hour shift on Tuesday 9/5/17 to ensure all trash and garbage are removed from the powwow grounds.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have previous supervisor experience.
- Must have ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Must be able to communicate with the public.
- Must be reliable.
Selections will be based upon:
Previous related work experience, Spokane Tribal Preference, must pass Background check and Drug Test. A copy of Spokane Tribal I.D must be attached with application.
Applications are available at the Spokane Tribal Human Resources Department (located downstairs in the Alfred E. McCoy Administration Building).
P.O. Box 206 Wellpinit, WA 99040
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Geraldine Abrahamson
(509)-458-6583, (509) 458-6569 or (509) 458-6574
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received in the Human Resource Department no later than 4:30 p.m. on the closing date
The Spokane Tribe reserves the right to hire according to its Indian Preference Policy
All Applicants are subject to a Pre-Employment Drug Test