FORESTRY TECH 1 (TIMBERSALES)
|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-17-040|
|Title||FORESTRY TECH 1 (TIMBERSALES)|
|Supervisor||TIMBER SALES MANAGER|
|Rate of Pay||$12.24/HOUR|
|Opening Date||JULY 3, 2017|
|Closing Date||OPEN UNTIL FILLED|
This is an entry level position. Incumbent is a Forestry Technician, in the Timber Sales Program under the direct supervision of the Timber Sales Manager.
Instructions are specific in all situations. Incumbent must work well with others and communicate with other departments and logging contractors; some computer knowledge is needed for reports and other documentation; works closely with supervisor; must complete production scaling training for waste and production level scaling.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As forestry technician for Timber Sales, incumbent assists with ensuring that contracts and permits provisions are complied with and landowner’s property is protected from damages related to harvesting operations.
- Assists as Timber Sale Officer on timber sales. Understands contract requirements, monitors the purchaser’s representative, inspects various contract operations, and recommends solutions related to on-the-ground problems.
- Assists in carrying out the various phases of contract administration including keeping supervisor informed of operations and calling unsafe conditions to the attention of supervisor and contract representative and when necessary, terminating applicable operations near unsafe or hazardous equipment or practices.
- Assists timber cruising efforts for land and timber sales.
- Assists laying out skid trails, landings and logging spur roads.
- Has the ability to measuring “waste” in the field.
- Assists with scaling operations during high levels of production.
- When needed during periods of low logging activity or in coordination with active timber sale duties, incumbent will assist with seeding project areas
- Drives a Tribal vehicle during the course of business.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current Washington State Driver’s License and tribally insurable.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Familiarity with local tree species and forestry practices
- Able to lift and carry 45 lbs.
- Able to walk all day in steep, rugged terrain
- Able to work and drive in inclement weather
- Able to operate computer keyboard and mouse; able to operate Windows based computer software.
Applications are available in the Tribal Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 206, Wellpinit, WA 99040
Or can be downloaded from our website at www.spokanetribe.com
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Geraldine Abrahamson
(509) 458-6583 or (509) 458-6527
Fax # (509) 458-6556
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications must be submitted to the Human Resources Department no later than 4:30 p.m. on the closing date
The Spokane Tribe reserves the right to hire according to its Indian Preference Policy
All applicants are subject to a pre-employment drug test
Positions with the Spokane Tribe are subject to a 90-Day Orientation Period