HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR TRAINEE
|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-17-060|
|Title||HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR TRAINEE|
|Supervisor||ROADS MAINTENANCE MANAGER|
|Department||SPOKANE TRIBAL ROADS|
|Rate of Pay||$15.00/HOUR|
|Opening Date||MAY 16, 2017|
|Closing Date||MAY 30, 2017|
The Heavy Equipment Operator Trainee for the Spokane Tribal Roads Department will be trained in operation of various types of heavy equipment such as motor grader, front end loader, backhoe, excavator, and dump/plow trucks to properly and safely maintain and repair roads, streets and parking areas of the Spokane Indian Reservation. Trained in the proper preliminary maintenance to be performed and safety procedures followed.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in the maintenance and minor repairs on equipment.
- Ability to keep daily work logs and computer skills to prepare weekly reports for the Roads Maintenance Manager.
- Assists with daily reports of routes worked, work completed, fuel and lubricants, what equipment and tool, used.
- Ability to follow oral or written instruction as a job to be performed, locations and times and perform the work without direct supervision.
- Ability to work in adverse and severe weather conditions.
- Ability to endure various work hours and short notice of required shifts. Will require incumbent to be on-call 24 hours per day and 7 days per week on a regular basis.
- Knowledge of small power tools, such as a chain saw and compactor in clearing roadside brush.
- Assist with installation of culverts and similar road construction and maintenance work.
- Ability to operate equipment in a safe thoughtful manner so as not to cause damage to persons, buildings, forest improvements, or the environment.
- Ability to operate equipment so as not to cause excessive wear and breakdown to the machinery its self.
- Assist with reading and understand grade stakes.
- Will perform other duties as assigned that are related to the success of the program.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- Prefer knowledge of the controls of the different types of equipment and be skilled in handling these controls to perform the work.
- Prefer basic knowledge of the nature of sails and features of the terrain as they relate to the jobs performed and especially to safe and operation of equipment.
- Prefer knowledge of the general maintenance requirements and the ability to perform general maintenance such as oil changes and lubrication.
- Prefer the ability to weld with stick electrode and use cutting torch is necessary to fabricate parts and hard surface blades.
- Prefer knowledge of all roadways within the boundaries of the Spokane Tribal Reservation.
- Must have a valid Washington State Drivers’ License and must meet Tribal Insurance requirements.
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) is preferred. Will be required to obtain within 90 days of hire.
- Required to submit a driver’s abstract and proof of CDL annually to the Human Resources Department.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent preferred.
- Prefer at least 1 year of experience operating heavy equipment.
- Must be physically capable of performing the job duties listed.
- Must be able to work in various weather conditions including extreme cold and heat, and in rough terrain.
- The incumbent will be required to sign a trainee plan upon hire.
Applications Are Available At the Tribal Human Resources Department
Or can be downloaded from our website: www.spokanetribe.com
P.O. Box 206, Wellpinit, WA 99040
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Geraldine Abrahamson
(509) 458-6583 or (509) 458-6527 Fax: (509) 458-6556
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Applications Must Be Received In The Human Resources Department
No Later Than 4:30 p.m. On The Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Reserves The Right To Hire According To Its Indian Preference Policy
All Applicants may be Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
All Positions With The Tribe Are Subject To A 90-Day Orientation Period