ARCHEOLOGY TECHNICIAN INTERN
|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-17-049|
|Title||ARCHEOLOGY TECHNICIAN INTERN|
|Rate of Pay||$11.00 - $12.00 PER HOUR|
|Opening Date||MAY 9, 2017|
|Closing Date||MAY 23, 2017|
This position was created with the need to teach a college student more about Archeology/Anthropology. This position will give the student hands-on teaching in this field. The Spokane Tribal Preservation Department has core staff to teach techniques to this student. This student will be taught how to properly survey, record, photograph, weigh, and measure artifacts.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Shoreline patrol of Lake Roosevelt by boat as an ARPA (Archaeological Resource Protection Act) preservation effort and erosion monitoring (to include survey for the GIS platform);
- Sub-surface testing and evaluation of archaeological, traditional cultural, and historic resources; tribal and public participation; and continuation of the development of our cultural resource database and spatial information.
- Will work closely with the principal investigator and Tribal Archeologist
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- Basic knowledge of archeology/ anthropology
- Must have ability to speak in public settings
- Must be able to attend various events
- Must be able to demonstrate skills in writing concisely and with clarity
- Must have skills in utilizing computers processing and to collect, manage data
- Must have ability to interact with various tribal elders.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be attending college for these types of fields – Archeology/Anthropology
- Must be able to work outside for long periods of time in various weather conditions and rough terrain.
- Must have a valid Washington State Driver’s License and be tribally insurable.
- At time of employment, must successfully clear a criminal background inquiry.
Applications Are Available In the Tribal Human Resources Department
Or, can be downloaded from our website: www.spokanetribe.com
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Geraldine Abrahamson
(509) 458-6583 or (509) 458-6527
P.O. Box 206, Wellpinit, WA 99040
FAX: (509) 458-6556
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Must Be Received In The Human Resources Department No Later Than 4:30pm on The Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Reserves The Right To Hire According To Its Indian Preference Policy
Applicants Are Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
Positions With The Spokane Tribe Are Subject To A 90-Day Orientation Period