|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-17-026|
|Rate of Pay||$11.00/PER HOUR|
|Opening Date||MARCH 17, 2017|
|Closing Date||MARCH 31, 2017|
The Spokane Tribe of Indians Receptionist will be the first contact for visitors and callers to the Alfred E. McCoy Administration building. They will utilize excellent customer service to greet visitors at the door and direct them to areas of interest. They will be the first contact for incoming calls; directing them to the appropriate persons and taking accurate messages. The Receptionist will be knowledgeable and helpful of Tribal promotions and events.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Will be responsible for the answering phones, directing calls to appropriate departments, and taking messages at the front desk, with professionalism and courtesy at all times.
- Greet, direct and inform effectively and professionally with those who contact or will be responsible for greeting customers and answering any questions that customers may have. Must greet visitors in a friendly and professional manner, determining their needs and notifying the persons being visited.
- The Receptionist is expected to give excellent customer service and be the main informant for customers.
- Will be responsible for maintaining cleanliness and order in their work station.
- Will be responsible for collecting the mail and dispersing the mail to appropriate Tribal employees or departments. Will also ensure postage is on the mailing machine and stamping incoming mail.
- Will be responsible for logging incoming checks and forwarding them to the Accounting Department.
- Responsible for maintaining schedules of activities for the Bruce Wynne Room and Administration Building.
- Must be able to write general business letters and written correspondence.
- Will assist with other clerical duties and responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must have effective communication skills.
- Must have computer skills and experience using Windows programs; Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Must be able to operate multi-phone lines.
- Must be able to document and relay timely and accurate messages.
- Experience working with a diverse clientele is preferred.
- Must have basic clerical skills, and be able to operator basic office equipment including; multi-line phone system, fax machine, copy/printer machine, and mail machine.
- Must have valid Washington State Driver’s License, a good driving record, and be tribally insurable.
Applications are available in the Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 206 Wellpinit, WA 99040
Or, Applications can be downloaded from our website: www.spokanetribe.com
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Geraldine Abrahamson
Ph.#: (509) 458-6583 or (509) 458-6527, Fax # (509) 458-6556
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications must be submitted to the Human Resources Department
No later than 4:30 pm the closing date
The Spokane Tribe reserves the right to hire according to its Indian Preference Policy
All applicants are subject to a pre-employment drug test
All applicants are subject to a 90-day orientation period