|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-17-014|
|Department||TANF/477 YOUTH PROGRAM|
|Status||NON-EXEMPT, REGULAR FT|
|Rate of Pay||$14.00 - $16.00/HOUR|
|Opening Date||FEBRUARY 14, 2017|
|Closing Date||MARCH 3, 2017 **EXTENDED**|
The Spokane Tribe of Indians Tribal 477 Program is to promote and support Tribal Youth and their families in reaching their full potential in becoming healthy, productive and self-sufficient. This will be offered in a way that protects and benefits the Tribal children, respects and preserves their culture, values and traditions, gives families access as well as input into the full range of programs and services to promote their self-esteem, independence and self-sufficiency.
The Driver/Coordinator position will work to transport clients from the designated work site, either Ford or Spokane, to scheduled activities at either location. Major duties are to include but not limited to transporting youth to and from tutoring, and other scheduled activities as necessary. Will ensure vehicles are clean, in good working condition and safe through daily inspection. Keep accurate records and usage logs. Inventory and purchase vehicle supplies through proper channels as needed. When not transporting the Driver/Coordinator will assist with the day to day operations and activities of the Community Youth Center, including, monitoring youth, assisting with activities, scheduling, meal preparation, and other duties as assigned by the Lead Youth Coordinator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide client transportation from the designated work site, either Ford or Spokane, to scheduled activities at either location.
- Responsible for vehicle(s) schedules, maintenance and safety.
- Ensure vehicle(s) are clean, in good working condition, and safe through daily inspections.
- Arrange for service of vehicle(s) as necessary, on a scheduled basis.
- Keep accurate transportation records, including daily log, of vehicle activity and use.
- Purchase supplies and maintenance for vehicle(s) through the proper channels as needed.
- Expected to exercise mature judgment, initiative and resourcefulness in carrying out the responsibilities and duties of this position and will report to designated workstation at scheduled work hours;
- Confidentiality and /or Privacy Act will be adhered to at all times;
- Assist in Implementing policies and procedures to carry out the youth program objectives for the Spokane Tribal 477 program;
- Monitor Youth and other community members using the center and on field trips.
- Assist with scheduling youth activities and events;
- Assist youth and support staff during homework hour
- Must be willing to travel in order to meet the needs of the 477 Program;
- This job may require irregular work hours to accommodate program schedules and operating needs and may require evening, weekend and holiday work;
- Works collaboratively with all Youth Program Staff;
- Performs other work related activities and duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the Spokane Indian Reservation and the Tribal TANF service area.
- Knowledge of vehicle operations and maintenance desired.
- Skill in dealing with a variety of people from all levels of Tribal government, and the general public.
- Skill in driving in adverse weather conditions.
- Must be able to drive for extended periods, must be able to drive at night, and sit for extended periods.
- Ability to understand Rules & Code of Conduct and to enforce them.
- Knowledge of culture and traditions of Native Americans.
- Skill in monitoring activities and scheduling use of the center.
- Ability to establish positive communication among co-workers, Tribal staff, public and private agencies in serving the community members.
- Ability to make independent conclusions and decisions.
- Ability to practice confidentiality, tact, courtesy and discretion.
- Ability to work flexible hours and schedules
- May be required to obtain the following; Food Handler’s Card, CPR and First Aid Certification, Life Guard Training and Certification
- High School Diploma or Equivalent;
- Valid State Driver’s license, good driving record, Tribally Insurable
- Must have 7 years licensed driving experience
- Additional consideration will be given for extended education in fields associated with the Youth or Youth related activities/prevention/wellness;
- One (1) year experience working with youth programs, school programs, or as a coach, tutor or mentor of youth.
- Previous experience working with Native American Youth, and understanding of their cultural need preferred.
- Must currently have and maintain a reputable standing in the community.
- Federal background check is mandatory.
Applications are available at the Tribal Human Resources Department
Contact Sabrina McCoy
P.O. Box 206, Wellpinit, WA 99040
(509) 458-6583 Fax: (509) 458-6556
Applications must be received in the Human Resource Department no later than 4:30 pm on the closing date.
The Spokane Tribe reserves the right to hire according to its Indian Preference Policy.
All applicants are subject to a criminal background check.
All applicants are subject to a pre-employment drug test.
All positions with the tribe are subject to a 90-day orientation period.