|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-16-111|
|Supervisor||SPOKANE TRIBAL COLLEGE DIRECTOR|
|Department||SPOKANE TRIBAL COLLEGE|
|Location||WELLPINIT, WA / SPOKANE, WA|
|Rate of Pay||$30.00/HOUR|
|Opening Date||OCTOBER 6, 2016|
|Closing Date||OPEN CONTINUOUS|
Purpose of this position is to instruct a variety of college level courses. Related duties include student advising and evaluation, participation in faculty in-service and campus activities and assisting with departmental duties such as assessment and class development.
Individual in this position can instruct up to 14 credits per quarter, with a total of no more than 42 credit hours annually. Hired individuals will also maintain regular scheduled office hours in order to advise and assist student with their academic programs and career choices. The number of credit hours an individual will receive each quarter will depend on qualifications to teach the required course. Required courses vary quarter to quarter based on the needs in student degree programs.
Faculty member will maintain positive relationships with students, faculty, staff and administration. Incumbent will treat others with respect and dignity, recognizing the uniqueness of students, colleagues, and Spokane Tribal College. All Faculty members will be subject to quarterly review and evaluations.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, prepare and develop course materials such as syllabi, assignments, handouts, and culturally relevant materials.
- Prepare and deliver classes to students. Initiate, facilitate and moderate classroom discussions. Evaluate and grade students’ class work, assignments and papers.
- Collaborate with colleagues to address teaching and research issues.
- Select and obtain materials and supplies such as textbooks.
- Plan, evaluate and revise curricula, course content, course materials and methods of instruction in accord with STC/SKC mission and goals.
- Maintain scheduled office hours and availability to assist students.
- Interact with department members to plan, implement and participate in annual and long term evaluation of program.
- Must be willing to instruct courses over live feed video conferencing to extended classrooms
- Advise students on academic and vocational curricula, and career issues, while keeping information current on all advisees.
- Refer student to appropriate college and community resources.
- Work in conjunction with Enrollment Services on maintaining a current, correct advising module.
- Evaluate transcripts as needed.
- Participate in STC campus and community events. Serve on academic or administrative committees that deal with institutional policies, departmental matters, and academic issues.
- Participate in Faculty and Departmental meetings as appropriate.
Other Duties as Assigned
- This is intended as a general description of the duties required and is not intended to be exclusive. This position requires a high degree of professionalism. Duties that are not included above may be assigned as necessary.
- Master’s Degree, or equivalent degree, is required. Preference will be given to candidates with teaching experience in tribal college setting.
- Experience in private business helpful for those in the Business Department.
- Successful candidate must have preparation for teaching a variety of courses appropriate for undergraduate students at a tribal college.
- Knowledge of Spokane Tribe and Salish and Kootenai Tribes and the mission and goals of Spokane Tribal College and Salish Kootenai College is preferred.
- Must have ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds and the ability to communicate through written, spoken and visual media.
- Must have ability to work in team setting with multiple different groups and priorities.
- Valid Washington State driver’s license and good driving record.
Applications Are Available In the Tribal Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 206, Wellpinit, WA 99040
Contact: Molly Abrahamson or Sabrina McCoy
Phone # (509)458-6574 or (509)458-6583, Fax# (509) 458-6556
Or download: www.spokanetribe.com
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Must Be Received In the Human Resources Department
No Later Than 4:30 PM The Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Reserves The Right To Hire According To Its Indian
Applicants Are Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
Positions With The Spokane Tribe Are Subject To A 90-Day Orientation Period