HEAD START TEACHER ASSISTANTS-SUBSTITUTES
|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-12-007|
|Title||HEAD START TEACHER ASSISTANTS-SUBSTITUTES|
|Supervisor||EDUCATION RESOURCES SPECIALIST|
|Status||ON-CALL, DURING SCHOOL YEAR|
|Rate of Pay||$10.00/HR|
|Opening Date||JANUARY 25, 2012|
|Closing Date||OPEN CONTINUOUS|
This position must function with considerable independence, reporting to and receiving assistance as needed from the Education Manager and the Head Start Classroom Teacher. The Teacher Assistant is responsible for assisting the Head Start Teacher in the daily operations of the Head Start classroom.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Classroom and center-based responsibilities
- Assist in planning, coordinating and implementation of the education plans for the children.
- Work with the Head Start teacher in helping families in the home to facilitate growth in their knowledge of child development, parenting techniques, and meeting family needs.
- Provide activities and experiences that develop questioning, probing and problem solving appropriate to developmental levels and learning styles of the children.
- Provide opportunities for children to understand, acquire, and use verbal and non-verbal means of communicating thoughts and feelings.
- Provide experiences that stimulate children to explore and express their creative ability.
- Provide opportunities for Native American culture experiences and activities.
- Help each child to know, accept, and take pride in self and to develop a sense of independence.
- Help children learn to get along with others and encourages feelings of empathy and mutual respect among children and adults.
- Provide an environment in which children can learn and practice behaviors which are appropriate and acceptable individually and in a group.
- Maintain an open, friendly, and informative relationship with children and their families and encourage parent participation in the program.
- Use available resources to ensure effective delivery of services.
- Organize, plan, and maintain records of required data concerning children and families.
- Assist in planning integrated services in the education program for staff and parents.
- Assist in implementing parent involvement in the education program in the classroom and at home.
- Assist with recruitment, organization, assignments, and support of classroom volunteers.
- Develop classroom parents activities.
- Serve as a resource person to parents in supporting and enhancing the parental role as the principal influence on their child’s education and development.
- Provide a variety of appropriate equipment, activities, and opportunities to promote the physical development of children.
- Use space, materials, and routine as resources for constructing an interesting and enjoyable environment that encourages exploration and learning.
- Provide a safe environment to prevent and reduce injuries.
- Maintain good sanitation and safety practices throughout the classroom, including personal appearance and hygiene.
- Promote good health and nutrition and helps to provide an environment that contributes to the prevention of illness.
Applications Are Available In the Tribal Human Resources Department
Or, can be downloaded from our website: www.spokanetribe.com
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Robi Flett
(509) 458-6583 or (509) 458-6572
P.O. Box 206, Wellpinit, WA 99040 FAX: (509) 458-6556
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Applications Must Be Received In The Human Resources Department No Later Than 4:30pm on The Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Reserves The Right To Hire According To Its Indian Preference Policy
Applicants Are Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
Positions With The Spokane Tribe Are Subject To A 90-Day Orientation Period