STOI GOV: STATION, VEHICLE & EQUIPMENT OFFICER
|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-19-054|
|Title||STOI GOV: STATION, VEHICLE & EQUIPMENT OFFICER|
|Department||SPOKANE TRIBAL EMERGENCY SERVICES|
|Status||FULL-TIME, 30 HOURS PER WEEK|
|Rate of Pay||$12.50 - $13.50 PER HOUR|
|Opening Date||JUNE 6, 2019|
|Closing Date||JUNE 20, 2019|
The employee will be charged with assisting EMS/Fire staff with general maintenance and upkeep of the Public Safety Building as well as routine vehicle and equipment maintenance and servicing including transport to area shops as needed. This position will be required to assist on medical and fire emergencies and be willing to obtain a First Responder and/or EMT certification upon hire.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Report for duty to designated station and remain at the station for the duration of the shift.
- Wear station uniform while on duty and maintain a professional appearance.
- Assist other EMS staff in a team setting while responding to emergencies.
- Assist EMS staff with general upkeep of the Public Safety Building including janitorial duties, landscaping tasks (i.e. weed removal/snow removal) and organization of equipment and stored supplies. Assist with stocking incoming supplies, and re-ordering supplies as needed.
- Perform routine checks and minor maintenance to all emergency vehicles including fluid checks, safety equipment testing for proper operation, and cleanliness of vehicle bays.
- Operations of specialty vehicles and emergent response in these vehicles including operation of emergency lights and sirens within the prescribed policy and procedures.
- Knowledge of and ability to safely use available extrication equipment to assist EMS/Fire staff in the removal of patients from accident scenes.
- Ability to transport vehicles to area repair shops for services, tires and repairs as needed.
- Effective radio communications with local dispatching agency, communications between responding emergency responders.
- Assist administration staff with department inventory tracking and issuing of department equipment and assist with organizing repairs of defective equipment as needed.
- Eligible and willing to attend and successfully complete an area First Responder and/or EMT-Basic course and hold this certification while employed in this department.
- Once certified, willing to respond to emergencies as a First Responder/EMT-Basic as needed.
- Must ensure mandatory training is obtained by the EMT to maintain certification. This will require attendance of mandatory training provided by the department on a quarterly basis.
- Available for coverage of open shifts, as needed, as well as special event coverage.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have and maintain a valid Washington State Driver’s License, with a good driving record and be insurable under the Spokane Tribe’s insurance policy throughout your employment with this department.
- Must be able to perform extended shift work.
- Physical strength and agility needed to perform duties as assigned. This requires lifting at least 80 pounds.
- Must be in good mental and physical health.
- Must follow STRICT confidentiality of all patient information in compliance with HIPPA regulations.
- Ability to work in occasional severe conditions, including severe weather, or sitting, standing, squatting for extended lengths of time.
- Must submit to all pre-employment examinations and tests in accordance with Tribal policy.
- Ability to pass a federal background check as required for First Responder/EMT course completion
- This is considered a “Safety Sensitive” position within the Tribe and is subject to pre-employment and random drug testing.
- Will have to provide copy of Driving Abstract from the DOL if selected for this position.
Applications Are Available In The Tribal Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 206, Wellpinit, WA 99040
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Andrea Flett
(509) 458-6583 or (509) 458-6527
FAX: (509) 458-6556
Applications Must Be Received In The Human Resources Department No Later Than
4:30 p.m. on the Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Reserves The Right To Hire According To Its Indian
Applicants Are Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
Positions With The Spokane Tribe Are Subject To A 90-Day Orientation Period