STOI GOV: FAMILY OUTREACH SPECIALIST/OUT OF SCHOOL COORDINATOR
|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-19-028|
|Title||STOI GOV: FAMILY OUTREACH SPECIALIST/OUT OF SCHOOL COORDINATOR|
|Supervisor||NATIVE YOUTH COMMUNITY PROJECT DEVELOPER|
|Department||PLANNING AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT, NYCP GRANT|
|Rate of Pay||$19.23 PER HOUR|
|Opening Date||APRIL 1, 2019|
|Closing Date||OPEN UNTIL FILLED|
The person selected for this position will be responsible for planning, organizing and coordinating family engagement and parenting program under the Native Youth Community Project grant. Also required is the planning and overseeing of all out-of-school programs including the afterschool program, summer school program, and Jumpstart programs in the Wellpinit School District and Spokane Tribe Youth Centers. This position is subject to the availability of Department of Education grant funding and requirements.
- Overall coordination and management of the planning and implementation of a family engagement and parenting program to encourage and facilitate healthy relationships between students/families/school staff.
- Planning and oversite of all out-of-school programs that are developed under NYCP.
- Supervision of project staff as designated by the Spokane Tribe and the Wellpinit School District
- Regular communication with the Native Youth Community Project Director, the Wellpinit School District, and other tribal partnership organizations.
- Work with school principal, NYCP Program Consultant, project staff, and partners on the planning and implementation of the project’s out-of-school activities and family outreach activities
- Oversee evening and weekend activities that require additional support beyond regular staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Planning and NYCP Director.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- Experience working in multi-organizational and collaborative projects
- Experience working with tribal communities
- Experience in effective planning and organizational skills
- Experience in effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to understand and execute complex oral or written instructions.
- Excellent communication, reading comprehension, and writing skills.
- Ability to work effectively and respectfully within the Spokane Tribe of Indians community and Tribal culture.
- Ability to research programs that support whole child initiatives in the community.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Three years’ experience working in public schools at the pre-school or above grade level and serving multicultural population of students
- Valid Washington State driver’s License; must be tribally insurable.
- Must be flexible in work scheduling during the work week and on weekends when required.
- Must be able to pass a drug test and all required background checks as required by the Spokane Tribe of Indians & Wellpinit School District.
Applications are available at the Tribal Human Resource Department or can be downloaded at www.spokanetribe.com
P.O. Box 206 Wellpinit, WA 99040
Contact Sabrina McCoy or Andrea Flett
509-458-6583 or 458-6574 Fax: 509-458-6556
Applications must be received in the Human Resource Department no later
than 4:30 p.m. on the closing date.
The Spokane Tribe reserves the right to hire according to its Indian Preference Policy
All Applicants are subject to a Pre-Employment Drug Test
All Positions with the Spokane tribe of Indians are subject to a 90-day orientation period