STOI GOV: ACCOUNTING CLERK
|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-19-029|
|Title||STOI GOV: ACCOUNTING CLERK|
|Rate of Pay||$13.00 - $18.00/PER HOUR|
|Opening Date||APRIL 1, 2019|
|Closing Date||APRIL 15, 2019|
Provide professional customer service at Accounting front desk to employees, Tribal members & public, while maintaining confidentiality. Issue purchase orders & voucher requests to Tribal programs for purchasing. Disburse payroll & accounts payable checks. Process cash receipts and credit card payments to Tribe. Process emergency invoices to Accounts Payable system for payment. Assist with other accounting processes including marking invoices paid & scanning to filing system.
Purchase Order / Accounting Front Desk:
- Provide professional customer service at Accounting front desk.
- Issue purchase orders and voucher requests to Tribal programs.
- Maintain a purchase order / voucher request log.
- Obtain mail from Accounting box daily. Open mail & date stamp front of each piece.
- Print emailed invoices. Along with regular mail invoices, determine applicable program from PO and file in that program’s folder for payment approval.
- Receive incoming mailed checks from the Tribal front lobby desk. Sign for the checks and issue receipts. Distribute receipt copies.
- Process cash receipts to public while they are at the counter. Obtain information to apply payment to correct individual & GL account, and provide them a receipt Process debit & credit card payments from public as cash receipts.
- Maintain log of all court-related receipts and email weekly to court administrator.
- Help individuals who come in to pick up checks for accounts payable & payroll, ensure given to the correct person or authorized substitute, have them sign the check register.
- Lock checks in the accounting safe and close safe room door each night.
- Enter invoices for emergencies and HHS medical into AP system for payment.
- Mark invoices “Paid” including check number & date.
- File source documents by vendor in scanning system or other files as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- Good customer service skills are critical, whether in person, phone or email.
- A positive work attitude and desire to solve problems in a helpful manner.
- Honesty is crucial, must be able to maintain strict confidentiality of information.
- A good work ethic and dependability are a must.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform mathematical computations.
- Computer experience required, including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook email.
- Experience with office equipment: calculator, copier, fax machine, office phone systems.
- Familiarity with basic office environment protocols and expectations.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work well with others and be customer service oriented.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Customer service skills and experience required.
- Recent experience with Microsoft Office software: Outlook email, Excel, Word.
- Must be bondable.
- Must submit a completed STOI Application, Professional resume, and proof of education and/or experience for consideration.
- Higher education, college courses or AA degree in accounting or business.
- Basic understanding of accounting concepts preferred.
- Experience in accounting or bookkeeping preferred, including accounts payable.
Applications Are Available at the Spokane Tribal Human Resources Department or can be downloaded at www.spokanetribe.com
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Andrea Flett
P.O. Box 206, Wellpinit, WA 99040
(509) 458-6583 or (509) 458-6527, or Fax (509) 458-6556
All Applications Must Be Received in the HR Department No Later Than 4:30 p.m. on the Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe of Indians Reserves The Right To Hire According To Its Indian Preference Policy
All Applicants Are Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
All Positions With The Spokane Tribe Are Subject To A-90 Day Orientation