STOI GOV: MSW INTERNSHIP
|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-19-017|
|Title||STOI GOV: MSW INTERNSHIP|
|Supervisor||BEHAVIORAL HEALTH MANAGER|
|Department||BEHAVIORAL HEALTH, HHS|
|Rate of Pay||$17.00- $20.00|
|Opening Date||MARCH 1, 2019|
|Closing Date||MARCH 18, 2019|
INTRODUCTION: The Spokane Tribe operates a Washington State Licensed Behavioral Health Agency which includes treatment services for Mental Health and Substance Use Disorders. The Agency currently provides services independently for mental health and substance abuse. The goal of our program, and our agency, is to adapt a co-occurring model to assess, plan, develop, coordinate, and provide treatment, rehabilitation, and support services to program clients with severe and persistent mental health, substance use, and gambling disorders.
The MSW Intern will gain practical work experience in the area of counseling, behavioral health, addictions and social human services. This intern position supports the promotion of individual growth in the clients and guests of Spokane Tribe Behavioral Health Program through Outreach, Assessment, Connection, Case Management and Accountability.
· Assists in client intake process
· Conducts client consultation and collaborates with other agency professionals
· Writes case notes and client assessments and evaluations
· Contributes to the development of client treatment plans
· Engages in supervision sessions in with site supervisor
· Attends appropriate meetings, including staff meetings and other meetings with clinical staff
· Identifies agency resources, services and systems
· Completes hosting agency orientation; policies, procedures, meeting staff
· Prepares for client sessions including reading case notes and any other specific research and evaluation of client problems, etc.
· Maintains client records both written and electronic
· Coordinates partner agency services and visits
· Researches best practices for various assignment and projects as assigned by supervisor
· Develop and implement group curriculum for identified needs
· Engage in Tribal Opioid Response activities and related services
· The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
· Able and willing to establish and conduct healthy relationships that encourage
accountability, personal growth and responsibility
· Organized (people and task oriented) and possess strong written, oral and
· Culturally competent
· Committed to make Spokane Indian Reservation a better place to live by partnering with the community
· Good interviewing and listening skills
· Solid understanding of research and best practices
· Capable in intake, case management and discharge policies
· Ability to use proper approaches with clients including but not limited to Cognitive Behavior Model, Solution-Focused Approaches, Emotionally-Focused Approaches, and other Systems approaches.
· Understanding of the unique issues encountered by our community; addictions, psychological disorders (anxiety, depression, trauma, schizophrenia,
etc.,) and poor function.
· Incumbent reports to the Behavioral Health Manager and in their absence reports to the Director of HHS.
· Incumbent works closely with the Behavioral Health staff in providing information and staffing cases.
· Incumbent is not responsible for supervising others.
· This is a complex job that deals with Substance Use Disorders and Mental Health issues. Requires significant experience and education in both areas.
· This position follows the Washington State WAC 246-341-0700 regarding the treatment of Mental Health Disorders as Washington State Licensed facility. Also follows the Spokane Tribe policy, procedures and personnel manual.
SCOPE AND EFFECT
· The scope of this position provides assessment, counseling services, and case management to some of the most disenfranchised of tribal members living in the service area. This position works with multiple organizations, treatment facilities, and family members in the process of delivering treatment services for mental health disorders.
· Will make contact with other providers, inpatient facilities, family members, organizations, individuals who are providing a varied group of services to the tribal member. Personal contacts will be made to individuals who are not in the best place at the time of contact.
PURPOSE OF CONTACTS
· Assess clients, work with families and get referrals from different agencies for MH services.
· Make arrangements for bed dates, payments for services, PO for personal items.
· Report the results of assessments/treatment plans/ compliance to courts, CPS, employers and other necessary entities.
· This position is mostly sedentary doing computer work, meeting with clients and families. Requires some driving within the community and limited out of area travel. Requires standing for up to 2 hours doing group counseling sessions.
Special Certifications Required:
· Agency Affiliated Counselor Certification (may obtain during internship).
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Applicants must be enrolled and pursuing a master’s or doctoral degree in mental health counseling or a behavioral science master’s or doctoral degree in a field relating to mental health counseling.
· Must possess a valid Washington State Driver's License with good driving record and be insurable by the Spokane Tribe of Indians (verifiable).
· Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
· Must be able to exercise discretion and independent judgement in all areas of job performance including adherence to appropriate professional boundaries and strict confidentiality practices in regard to client activities and documentation.
· Ability to apply clinical judgement, ethics and accountability to formulate and implement treatment plans and other clinical documentation.
· Must demonstrate the ability to handle stressful and crisis situations tactfully and appropriately.
· Computer skills that include Microsoft Office and basic understanding of Electronic Health Records
Applications are available at the Tribal Human Resource Department or at the Spokane Tribal website at www.spokanetribe.com
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Andrea Flett
P.O. Box 206 Wellpinit, WA 99040
Phone: 509-458-6583, 509-458-6527, Fax: 509-458-6556
E-mail: email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received in the Human Resource Department no later than 4:30 p.m. on the closing date
The Spokane Tribe reserves the right to hire according to its Indian Preference Policy
All Applicants are subject to a Pre-Employment Drug Test
All Positions with the Law Enforcement are Subject to One Year of Probation