STOI GOV: MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN 2
|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-19-008|
|Title||STOI GOV: MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN 2|
|Rate of Pay||$14.50 PER HOUR|
|Opening Date||FEBRUARY 8, 2019|
|Closing Date||FEBRUARY 22, 2019|
The Spokane Tribe of Indians Tribal Facilities Program will be serving numerous employees, consumers and visitors; and working with vendors, government, state and federal agencies. This position will be responsible for assisting with the maintenance and operations of the Spokane Tribe’s facilities, plants, and grounds and keep them in a safe, orderly, clean, and visually appealing manner in support of the various organizational activities.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Assists assigned supervisor(s) and/or other skilled tradesmen with projects (i.e. completing specific tasks, transporting and/or securing materials etc.) for the purpose of completing projects and/or Work Orders in a safe, efficient and timely manner.
- Performs a wide variety of general and semiskilled maintenance on the Tribal facilities, interior and exterior, including: carpentry repairs, minor electrical repairs, minor plumbing repairs, minor HVAC repairs, regular Preventative Maintenance as needed or scheduled, and other repairs as needed.
- Adheres to all safety regulations and reports any safety concerns to the supervisor.
- Grounds maintenance including: mowing lawns, pruning trees and shrubs, general cleaning and other grounds keeping duties.
- Repair, assemble and/or move furniture, cabinets, shelves, or other building appurtenances.
- Perform maintenance work on Tribal facilities including: carpentry repairs, minor electrical repairs, minor plumbing repairs, minor HVAC repairs, and other repairs as needed.
- Snow removal, deicing, plowing at or near Tribal facilities as directed.
- Maintaining vehicles, equipment, tools, shop and for optimal performance and safe operating condition.
- Transports a variety of tools, equipment, and supplies for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at the job site.
- Operate various electric, motorized, pneumatic, and/or battery powered tools, equipment and/or vehicles.
- Attend all required meetings, trainings, conferences, seminars as required.
- Follow and comply with all Tribal policies, procedures, ordinances and safety procedures, and report any safety concerns to the supervisor.
- Prepares written materials (i.e. activity logs, time reports etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or conveying information.
- Comply with and follow all safety procedures and/or standards and the Spokane Tribe’s Policies and Procedures while on duty.
- Assist other Tribal offices and government agencies when requested and perform other job and site related duties as needed.
- Utilize computer for research, locating parts and/or equipment, email, comprising documents.
- Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving safety concerns as needed or directed.
- Perform other job and site related duties as needed or directed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Must have and maintain a valid Washington State Driver’s License and have a good driving record for Tribal insurance purposes.
- Must have basic computer skills including Outlook, Internet(for web browsing), Word documents.
- Ability to lift up to fifty (50) plus pounds.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours.
- Must maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Must have basic electrical, plumbing, carpentry and janitorial experience, orat least one (1) year experience in Maintenance or Construction/Carpentry position (preferred).
Applications Are Available At the Tribal Human Resources Department
Or can be downloaded from our website: www.spokanetribe.com
P.O. Box 206, Wellpinit, WA 99040
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Andrea Flett
(509) 458-6583 or (509) 458-6527
Fax: (509) 458-6556
e-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Must Be Received In The Human Resources Department
By 4:30 p.m. On The Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Reserves The Right To Hire According To Its Indian Preference Policy
All Applicants may be Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
All Positions With The Tribe Are Subject To A 90-Day Orientation Period