STOI GOV: FLEET MANAGER/MECHANIC
|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-18-175|
|Title||STOI GOV: FLEET MANAGER/MECHANIC|
|Supervisor||TRANSIT PROGRAM MANAGER|
|Rate of Pay||$25.00 PER HOUR|
|Opening Date||OCTOBER 24, 2018|
|Closing Date||NOVEMBER 7, 2018|
Under general direction of the Transit Manager, plans, directs, manages, coordinates, and supervises programs for the acquisition, utilization, maintenance, repair, and replacement of vehicle and equipment fleet for the Spokane Tribe Transit Program.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the development of policies pertaining to the processing of vehicle and equipment purchase requests, acquisition, operation, repair, preventative maintenance, fueling and replacement of Tribal vehicles.
- Evaluates the condition of the fleet on an ongoing basis.
- Maintains comprehensive preventative maintenance and repair program; maintains records and costs of repairs.
- Plans, manages, oversees, and reports fleet cost controls. Reviews cost accounting reports to determine effectiveness and efficiency of operations.
- Able to diagnose and repair components of MIT Fleet Vehicles.
- Masters troubleshooting skills, by combining personal experience with knowledge of Electronic Control Module diagnostic programming.
- Thoroughly performs all aspects of routine preventative maintenance inspections and services on all Transit vehicles.
- Repairs and adjusts brake system.
- Maintains tire pressure, and wheel balancing program.
- Able to test, diagnose, and occasionally repair electrical issues.
- Assists in meeting on time Preventative Maintenance goals.
- Change vehicle fluids, filters, brakes, headlights, wiper blades, tires and other minor items.
- Conduct road tests of coaches and all vehicles and assure that all are in safe operating condition.
- Must work effectively with the staff, and represent the Spokane Tribe in a professional, courteous manner.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years experience and knowledge of: operating principles and mechanics of all diesel and gasoline fueled vehicles.
- Six months experience using Microsoft Office Programs with an emphasis in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Adobe Photo Shop.
- English language skills, including grammar, punctuation, and spelling skills.
- Must be reliable, able to meet deadlines effectively and be a goal oriented team player.
- 6 months minimum of previous customer service related experience.
- Employment is contingent upon a favorable outcome of a background investigation.
- All offers of employment are contingent upon passing both a Spokane Tribe of Indians and Department of Transportation/Federal Transit Authority pre-employment Drug & Alcohol screening.
- Safety Sensitive subject to random u.a.’s
- Must have valid driver’s license and be insurable under the Tribal insurance policy.
Applications are available at the McCoy Administration Building in the Tribal Human Resources Department:
P.O. Box 206 Wellpinit, WA 99040
Or, can be downloaded online at: (www.spokanetribe.com)
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Andrea Flett
Ph# (509) 458-6583 or (509) 458-6527
FAX# (509) 458-6556
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Applications must be received in the Human Resources Department
no later than 4:30 p.m. on the closing date
The Spokane Tribe reserves the right to hire according to its Indian Preference Policy
Applicants are subject to a pre-employment drug test
Positions with the Spokane Tribe are subject to a 90-Day Orientation Period