STOI GOV: EDUCATION DATA COORDINATOR
|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-18-194|
|Title||STOI GOV: EDUCATION DATA COORDINATOR|
|Rate of Pay||$15.00 PER HOUR|
|Opening Date||OCTOBER 24, 2018|
|Closing Date||NOVEMBER 7, 2018|
The Education Data Coordinators main responsibility will be to enter Education applications, work projects, case notes, and other pertinent information into the Tribal Assistant Software (TAS). This position will also assist in other administrative office duties within the Education Department.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accept/review applications, collect necessary documents to complete education files for those applying to the Higher Education, Adult Vocational Training, and Johnson O’ Malley Programs
- Answering and responding to phone calls, emails, taking and relaying messages for Education staff within a 24-48 hour time period.
- Assure all education applicants have complete files and collect necessary documents as needed
- Opening new education files and archiving old files; responsible for tracking and maintaining current and archived files
- Ensure proper organization and filing of highly confidential documents
- Transferring of data from paper format into computer files / database through the use of computers, scanners, fax or printing machines and etc.
- Assure files and data are current for all education applicants, request and update information as needed
- Work with Education Program Staff on activity planning; Work with Education Program Staff to set priorities, objectives and goals in regard to education program guidelines and policies
- Work with staff on verifying and entering support services and incentive distributions into TAS; maintain and establishing correct fund numbers while doing so
- Request purchase orders, voucher requests, and other operational needs for the Education Department
- Creation of spreadsheets or other documents as requested
- Running, printing, filing and distribution of TAS reports to the appropriate channels
- Assist with the review of program files for auditing and quality control purposes
- Responsible for maintaining paperwork in accordance to established guidelines
- Gain an in depth knowledge of the Higher Education, Adult Vocational, and Johnson O’ Malley Program Policies and procedures
- Represent the Education Department at job fairs, education fairs, community colleges, etc., in the Education Manager or Educational Outreach’s absence
- Assist the Educational Outreach Coordinator in implementation and executing student trainings, workshops, and other outreach duties
- Assist the GED Instructor and Education Outreach Coordinator in their efforts to further students education by assistance in filing FAFSA, application to post-secondary institutions, application to scholarships, application to the Spokane Tribe Education Department for Higher Education, Adult Vocational Training, Johnson O Malley, and GED Programs; Assistance in facilitating monthly visits to local community and four-year college campuses
- Assist with communication to Educational Institutions, Agencies, and Students
- Performs other work related activities and duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of higher education and vocational school processes or ability to learn.
- Knowledge of GED and Johnson O’ Malley (JOM) programs or ability to learn.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Ability to be flexible and capable of working in rapid changing environments
- Ability to establish positive communication among students, parents, co-workers, Tribal staff, public and private agencies in serving the customers.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision at times
- Ability to follow directions in all formats
- Ability to practice confidentiality, tact, courtesy and discretion
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a fast paced work environment with periods of heavy workload especially at the beginning and ending of college semester/quarters
- Ability to take and return telephone calls and emails within a 24-48 hour period
- Ability to lift and maneuver at minimum 20 pounds and carry several heavy files;
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Six months to one year of experience in an office setting required.
- Must be 18 years or older
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Must have experience working with computers, printers, scanners and software programs such as Microsoft Office, Excel and etc.
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Must have previous experience working with Native American clientele and understand cultural needs
- Must possess a valid Washington State Drivers License and be Tribally insurable. .
- Must be able to successfully clear and pass a criminal background inquiry
- A combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Preference given for AA degree in Administration/Office Assistant, Education or related field of study.
Applications are available at the Tribal Human Resources Department
Contact Sabrina McCoy or Andrea Flett
P.O. Box 206, Wellpinit, WA 99040
Ph: (509) 458-6583, or (509) 458-6527, Fax: (509) 458-6556
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received in the Human Resource Department no later than
4:30 p.m. on the closing date.
The Spokane Tribe reserves the right to hire according to its
Indian Preference Policy.
All applicants are subject to a criminal background check.
All applicants are subject to a pre-employment drug test.
All positions with the tribe are subject to a 90-day orientation period.