STOI GOV: CURRICULUM DEVELOPER ASSISTANT
|Vacancy Ann. #||STOI-18-186|
|Title||STOI GOV: CURRICULUM DEVELOPER ASSISTANT|
|Supervisor||CULTURE/LANGUAGE PROGRAM MANAGER|
|Rate of Pay||$12.00 PER HOUR|
|Opening Date||OCTOBER 10, 2018|
|Closing Date||OCTOBER 24, 2018|
The goal of the Tribal Language/Culture program is to revitalize the language, culture and history of the Spokane Tribe. Our main goal is to ensure that the language and culture are being passed down from generation to generation. The Curriculum Developer Assistant will assist the current Curriculum Developer the efforts to develop curriculum for the Back to the Heart Immersion School, K-12 and adult level classes.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES:
Assist the Language Curriculum Developer
- Help to create a culturally appropriate comprehensive Spokane Language curriculum by infusing Spokane values and traditions to aid in the development and/or enhancement of strong, positive identities in indigenous students.
- Help to create a Curriculum utilizing both classroom and outdoor settings ensuring holistic teachings (mind, body and spirit) are infused with Spokane specific cultural knowledge; science, history, plant knowledge, traditional stories, etc.
- Help to create and coordinate and monitor curriculum development and delivery in the following three venues:
I. Language/Culture Immersion School;
II. Pre-School through High School;
III. Adult classes.
- Work cohesively with the Curriculum Developer Language Teachers and Elders in the development of the curriculum.
- Work closely with Program Manager and Curriculum Developer in a common effort to develop, revise and implement the curriculum.
- Assists in the development of and provide technical guidance in the use of instructional aids/materials.
- Assist in creating meaningful language curriculum development for program success.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the curriculum and able to evaluate and adjust.
- Research Language, Culture and Historical knowledge as needed for inclusion in curriculum.
- Help record Elders/Teachers using video and audio equipment for curriculum development.
- Help compile teaching materials that will accompany the curriculum, making curriculum teacher ready.
- Assist in the development of Spokane Language performance and strength based assessment.
- Assist to develop assessment for self-evaluation of Language Teachers’ instructional and fluency skills, as well as student comprehension and advancement.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- Must be a positive role model for students and community
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, will work respectfully with Elders and other
- culturally knowledgeable people and students
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, deadline-driven environment.
- Good organization skills and time management skills; ability to be flexible and have problems solving skills.
- Strong proof-reading skills to produce error-free documents.
- Ability to communicate through verbal and written means with individuals, and small groups,
- Knowledge and ability to operate Microsoft Office 2010; and Excel
- High School diploma or GED
- Must have good writing skills
- Learn the spoken and written forms of the Spokane Language using materials provided and utilizing the Language Teachers with the goal of working in partnership with the Language Teachers and Elders in Curricula development.
- Successful clearance of Background check
- Washington State Driver’s license, good driving record, Tribally insurable
Applications Are Available In the Tribal Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 206, Wellpinit, WA 99040
Applications can also be downloaded from our website:
Contact: Sabrina McCoy or Andrea Flett
(509) 458-6583 or (509) 458-6527
FAX: (509) 458-6556
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Must Be Received In the Human Resources Department No Later Than
4:30 p.m. on the Closing Date
The Spokane Tribe Reserves the Right to Hire According To Its Indian
Applicants Are Subject To A Pre-Employment Drug Test
Positions with the Spokane Tribe Are Subject To a 90-Day Orientation Period